• Question: What did you do at Culham?

    Asked by moose4 to Robin on 20 Mar 2012.
    • Photo: Robin Stafford Allen

      Robin Stafford Allen answered on 20 Mar 2012:

      @moose: I am (still) a mechanical engineer which means that i think about the designs of things for the fusion reseach machine, like a large gate-valve about a half metre wide and one and a half metres tall. I have to do some caculations to see if my first thouhghts are strong and stiff enough to work and then I tell an draftsman to draw it up in 3D CAD and i check it before it goes out as a finished design….See my profile for what CCFE does……..
      • Visit the websites http://www.ccfe.ac.uk/ and http://www.iter.org/. All the information is there if you browse the sites and you are so lucky these days to be able to do this. When I was young (Yes, I am an old fogy now) we had to use books and magazines for all the information. No Internet.